Clinical Data Associate
Summary of Position
Foundation Medicine is seeking a versatile data associate to support scientific and computational biology efforts for our clinical biomarker applications. These include collaborative studies with outside academic and pharmaceutical partners who are studying the associations between complex sets of candidate genomic biomarkers and clinical endpoints.
This position will provide data management support for our pharmaceutical partner’s studies, as process data is collected, analyzed and monitored.
This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data. Candidates confident with multi-tasking, aggressive timelines and high complexity analyses preferred.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Data entry of new study samples into Foundation Medicine’s internal data management system.
- Support the review and QA functions for formal data transfers to our pharma partners.
- Support UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for new deployments of Foundation Medicine’s internal data management system.
- Work with Clinical Bioinformatics Operations team on process efficiency and quality with regards to client data reporting.
- Develop an in depth familiarity with Data Transfer Specifications that vary widely among clients.
- Track and report external samples’ statuses for our partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in a scientific or related field plus 1-3 years of data management experience in an academic or pharmaceutical environment handling complex genomic and/or clinical data sets.
- Experience with non-clinical research study-specific projects aimed at creating and managing data to facilitate access to information and improve efficiency of operations.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to meet long- and short-term deadlines is a must.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary scientific data management systems, including managing and auditing data transfers with outside clients.
- Ability to liaise with functional departments within the company to aid in the integration of processes throughout the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with any of the following databases as part of a data management function: Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, Access.
- Experience/knowledge of standard word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
- Familiarity with the Unix environment and SDTM is a plus.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient’s unique cancer. The company’s initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient’s individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.