R&D Associate II - Product Discovery
The R&D Associate II is responsible for conducting laboratory based research with minimal supervision to support monoclonal antibody development.
- Performs splenic fusions and isolates hybridomas that produce relevant antibodies.
- Creates, cultures, and maintains stable transgenic cell lines for recombinant protein production and cell based assays.
- Utilizes various protein purification techniques to purify antibodies and recombinant proteins
- Utilizes a range of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to analyze recombinant proteins. Techniques include but are not limited to: PCR, ELISA, Western Blots, subcloning, transfections, and HPLC
- Performs animal work including immunization, sera collection, sera analysis, tail vein injections and splenic fusions. May conduct experiments using small animal disease models.
- Records data in research notebooks and report results according to MBL SOPs and procedures.
- Conducts statistical analysis of data; prepares data analysis for presentation.
- Prepares written / oral reports for presentation to the research group and senior staff.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and techniques.
- Effectively works and communicates with other groups in order to accomplish goals.
- Takes an active role in the organizational aspects of the Product Discovery department such as ordering and equipment repair.
- Trains other R&D Associates on techniques and instrumentation. May supervise interns and technicians.
- Performs additional job related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with a minimum 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions precisely , recognize deviations, and recommend corrective action within scope of training
- Capable of moderately complex troubleshooting
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel and other relevant electronic systems
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Possesses well developed attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others and to train others.
- Demonstrated initiative through past experience
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- May require individual to work extended hours on occasion to meet business needs
- Requires ability to lift 50 lbs using proper lifting technique