Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc.
Position: Accounting Manager
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional who will play a key role in upgrading the core financial infrastructure of the Company and become a key member of the finance team. This newly created position reports to the Sr. Director of Finance and will assist in managing all aspects of the Company’s financial processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Financial Infrastructure Upgrades
- Assist with the migration process from Quickbooks GL to Microsoft Dynamics Product and become the operational expert.
- Assist with the implementation of a financial reporting tool such as R&D Logic.
- Maintain and optimize existing purchasing (Coupa); time reporting (Replicon) and Option Database / FAS123R (OptionEase) systems.
Closing and Audit Activities
- Lead monthly closing processes including: account reconciliations; subsidiary ledger maintenance; production of collaborator invoices and maintenance/assembly of financial documentation; recurring entries; expense analysis and revenue processes.
- Perform Accounts Payable function
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audit processes
- Assist with improvement of internal controls, with eventual goal being SOX compliance
- As part of GL / Reporting Tool implementation process, create financial reporting packages from existing template that generate “push button” output.
- Produce monthly and quarterly actual vs. budget and forecast financial reporting packages.
- Participate in monthly closing meetings and communicate resource utilization against budget and forecast.
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Director financial packages
- Budgeting and Forecasting – assist with managing process and data accumulation; populate G/L and reporting tool with current forecast.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Accounting. Advanced degree and/or CPA License desirable but not required.
- 5 years progressive, hands-on accounting experience, ideally in a high-tech, project driven environment.
- The candidate must have experience in managing all aspects of the close process; preparation of financial reporting packages, maintaining and optimizing financial infrastructure software systems; processes implementation and improvement.
- MS Dynamics GL experience is highly desired as well as experience with systems implementation and optimization.
- Must have robust MS Office Skills, particularly Excel
ABOUT Proteostasis Therapeutics
- Proteostasis Therapeutics is backed by a consortium of leading venture capital firms, and has lead programs in cystic fibrosis and neurodegenerative diseases. The Company has made recent significant advances on both science and business fronts.