inviCRO was founded in 2008 by a team of imaging scientists seeking to further the functionality of imaging in research and medicine. We have grown the company organically to employ 30+ researchers from a broad range of disciplines including advanced degrees in: physics, optics, engineering (electrical, chemical, biomedical, software, mechanical), mathematics, neuroscience, chemistry, molecular biology and statistics. Our IT team helps store and manage large amounts of imaging data for both internal and external imaging groups, as well as support our Linux- and web-based study management system for our own teams as well as external customers.
inviCRO is currently seeking an IT Administrator to join our growing IT team in Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for inviCRO's internal (in-house demand) and external (customer/cloud) IT infrastructure. This individual will work closely with other team members in maintaining and expanding our network infrastructure, web servers, as well as data storage. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with extensive Linux knowledge and two or more years of industry experience.
In addition to general Linux system admin tasks such as managing Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP, OpenVPN, Samba, etc. the IT department manages the local network, VoIP phones, and Windows-based office computers.
We have a main office in Boston, as well as satellite offices in the UK and Germany, connected via VPNs, and host Cloud applications in a German data center.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar qualification
- Solid understanding of Linux, including file systems, networking, web and database
- Proficiency in a script language (e.g. Perl, Python, …) is beneficial
- Detail-oriented and ability to work both independently and in a team
- Experience in IT support over phone, mail, IM
- Experience with Windows desktop environments
- Customer (in-house and external) support
- Understanding of web applications and their technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, Ajax)
- Experience in managing junior level team members
- Knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, Virtual Machines, VoIP
- Experience with NAS/SAN and/or cloud storage setups
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.