Technical Services Specialist
July 21, 2014
The Technical Services Specialist will be responsible for providing first line technical assistance to internal and external customers of the Core product line, which may include rapid tests, clinical chemistry reagents, specialty coagulation and/or enzymes.
This person will interact and provide support to external customers including laboratorians, medical professionals, distributor sales representatives, and researchers, as well as internal groups including Sales and Marketing.
In addition, this role is responsible for initiating and following the inquiry and complaint handling process, by gathering appropriate information for entry into the database, assisting with the investigation, and responding to the customer.
May perform some or all of the following:
- Support the Sales & Marketing activities for the Core product lines by providing telephone, web and email support in a timely manner, for end-users and distribution partners in the use and troubleshooting of our products, under the supervision of senior staff.
- Work with customers to obtain specific customer and product information to determine if the issue is an inquiry or complaint, allowing for proper entry into the database. Utilize the customer service database (ERP) to provide replacement materials as necessary.
- Interface cross-functionally to address customer concerns. Participate in the design of troubleshooting, the determination of corrective actions and root cause analysis, and the communication to the customer for routine problems, under the supervision of senior staff.
- Serve on the Customer Satisfaction Review Board (CSRB): Provide status reports and input to address customer inquiries and complaints.
- Assist with preparation of incident reports such as: complaint reports for the Sekisui Sales & Marketing teams, shipping delay reports, customer inquiry reports, etc.
- Working in conjunction with internal stakeholders, create, manage and execute tasks to obtain and evaluate customer feedback (through surveys, inquiry reports, etc.), to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Travel with Sales and/or other Sekisui staff to industry trade shows.
- Understand and adhere to all required QSR, ISO, Safety and Legal requirements.
- BS/BA in medical technology or related science field, or at least 1 year of diagnostic technical services experience
- General knowledge in the areas of clinical laboratory practices, including quality control and proficiency testing.
- Must be located full time in the local office, ability to travel globally (up to 10%)
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent
- Experience with clinical chemistry and/or point-of-care testing and practices
- Familiarity with good laboratory practices, guidelines and regulations (CLIA, CAP, GLP, etc)
Personal Skills and Interactions:
- Good oral and written communication skills; professional and courteous manner
- Good organizational skills; able to work on multiple tasks in a dynamic and complex environment
- A team player, able to work with multiple groups and customer types