EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: EPRS) is building a global biosimilar enterprise to improve patient access to important medicines. EPIRUS is developing a broad portfolio of biosimilar monoclonal antibodies, currently focused in immunology and oncology. The Company’s strategy for commercial success relies on tailored approaches to address the diversity of target global markets. Lead asset BOW015 (biosimilar to reference biologic Remicade®) has been extensively characterized, with positive PK/PD and Phase III safety and efficacy clinical data, supporting marketing approval in India. Epirus is actively progressing applications for marketing approval for BOW015 in additional global markets and is planning an additional Phase III trial in Europe in early 2015. Additional current pipeline assets include adalimumab (biosimilar to reference biologic Humira®) and bevacizumab (biosimilar to reference biologic Avastin®).
The ideal Corporate Counsel candidate specializes in SEC Reporting, Securities Practice and Corporate Governance matters – must also be agile and willing to support other business functions, including Business Development, Manufacturing and Technical Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring Company’s compliance with the US securities laws and NASDAQ rules and regulations
- Manage SEC filings (e.g. 10K, proxy, 10Qs, 8Ks, insider filings, etc.), and will assist Company’s Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations functions on securities and financing matters
- Assist with the preparation of Board and Committee meeting materials and resolutions in support of the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Assist with various corporate governance matters, including the administration of corporate policies (e.g. insider trading policy)
- Provide support as needed on M&A/Licensing transactions for Company’s biosimilar expansion activities, as well as general contracting support for Company’s Manufacturing and Technical Operations team
Education and Certification(s):
- Requires a JD from an accredited and respected law school and an active license to practice law
- 3-5+ years of sophisticated legal experience. Experience working for a nationally-recognized law firm and/or in-house with a publicly traded U.S. company is required, with experience in biotech, pharma, medical device or health care company highly desired.
- Extensive securities law compliance and ’34 Act drafting experience.
- Thorough understanding of NASDAQ rules, Delaware corporate law, corporate governance and best Board practices
- High level of leadership capability, credibility and a talent for being influential and working collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of confronting complex legal problems and managing them to successful resolution
- Aptitude for issue spotting, prioritizing and managing conflicting demands from multiple business groups
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Demonstrable ability to collaboratively lead a team in a dynamic and fast moving organization.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills Additional languages a plus, but not required.
- The following personal characteristics:
- Action-oriented, combined with high ethical standards.
- A self-starter with a high energy level.
- Self-confidence combined with humility in approach.
- Compassion and passion for patients.
- An ability and willingness to take controlled risks.
- A willingness and desire to be a team player.
- Culturally sensitive.