Sr Manager/ Assoc. Director: Business Development
EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: EPRS) is building a global biosimilar enterprise to improve patient access to important medicines. EPIRUS is developing a broad portfolio of biosimilar monoclonal antibodies, currently focused in immunology and oncology. The Company’s strategy for commercial success relies on tailored approaches to address the diversity of target global markets. Lead asset BOW015 (biosimilar to reference biologic Remicade®) has been extensively characterized, with positive PK/PD and Phase III safety and efficacy clinical data, supporting marketing approval in India. Epirus is actively progressing applications for marketing approval for BOW015 in additional global markets and is planning an additional Phase III trial in Europe in early 2015. Additional current pipeline assets include adalimumab (biosimilar to reference biologic Humira®) and bevacizumab (biosimilar to reference biologic Avastin®).
- Drive and manage opportunity assessments and competitive analyses, using primary and secondary market research tools; working with cross-functional teams to develop in-depth understanding of technologies, global markets, and competitive landscapes.
- Drive and manage deal due diligence processes through cross-functional partnership with Epirus colleagues (finance, R&D, legal, commercial), including financial modeling, process planning and execution for licensing, partnering, and M&A opportunities.
- Build and manage analytical (e.g., P&L forecasting, valuation, transaction & company comparable analyses) tools and databases for deal tracking and analysis, leveraging colleagues from finance, R&D, legal, and commercial.
- Drive and conduct financial analysis, including product forecasts, pricing analyses, comparable transaction analysis and eNPV valuations for potential deals, working in conjunction with finance and commercial colleagues
- Support identification of new external opportunities and work with the senior leadership team to perform assessments and lead potential transaction analysis
- Contribute to new product planning efforts, including global market assessment, revenue forecasting, competitive analysis, and target product profile development, working in close partnership with commercial, technical, and finance colleagues.
- Manage development and preparation of BD materials and updates (models and PPT decks) for presentation to senior leadership team and Board of Directors
- Manage external consulting projects
- Proactively improve BD processes, identifying problems, developing and implementing solutions
- Design and maintain a business development dashboard for the senior management team
- Some travel required (e.g., meetings, industry conferences, scientific / medical meetings, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS required; MBA and/or Graduate Degree in scientific discipline strongly preferred
- 3- 5 years biopharmaceutical sector experience; only candidates with industry and/or relevant investment banking and/or professional services (consulting) backgrounds will be considered
- Demonstrated excellence/achievement in academic and/or professional settings, with well-developed business and/or scientific acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D, regulatory, and commercialization processes, as well as knowledge of the industry landscape (e.g., companies, transactions, trends, key drivers)
- Strong, demonstrated analytical skillset required; strong Excel/ modeling experience desirable.
- Strong, demonstrated oral and written communication skills and organizational skills required, including significant experience with MS PowerPoint and Word.
- Direct transaction exposure/ experience (licensing transactions, strategic collaborations, etc.) strongly preferred; will consider exceptional candidates without deal experience
- International experience a plus, not required
- The following personal characteristics:
- Action-oriented, combined with high ethical standards.
- A self-starter with a high energy level.
- Self-confidence combined with humility in approach.
- Compassion and passion for patients.
- An ability and willingness to take controlled risks.
- A willingness and desire to be a team player.
- Culturally sensitive.