Scientist, Analytical Development and Testing
Blue Stream Laboratories, an expert protein characterization and advanced analytical CRO, seeks an experienced, highly-motivated individual who is ready for a fast-growing, entrepreneurial workplace, and who wants to contribute to a dynamic, success-driven team.
The successful candidate will perform LC-based assay development activities and support recombinant protein/biologics sample testing for client programs. S/he will have in-depth knowledge in chromatography and experience with a broad spectrum of analytical methods applied to Biologics Product Quality testing and characterization.
- Develop and optimize LC-based analytical methods for proteins, peptide, and biologics products and process related impurities
- Participate in LC method validation activities
- Support testing of development, release, and stability samples.
- Characterize products using a broad spectrum of analytical methods
- Evaluate new technologies
- Authors and reviews protocols, standard operating procedures, and technical reports
- Lead team members and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s /Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or a related discipline with 5-8 years relevant experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry or a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or a related discipline with 1-3 years relevant experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry and in-depth knowledge of chromatography
- Experience in chromatographic methods LC / (UV/FL/ELSD/CAD).
- Experience in CE is desirable.
- Knowledge of cGMPs
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
We offer a competitive benefits package, significant growth opportunities, and a dynamic work environment. We seek a collaborative, team-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Leadership skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills, versatility and high energy are critical.