Senior Admin Assistant
Seeking a highly experienced Administrative Assistant to the Director at a world-class biomedical research center. The ideal candidate will support the Director of the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute in a variety of high functioning and multi dimensional ways. Candidate has a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, mission driven institute that works to decrease the burden of psychiatric disorders through research.
The Stanley Center at the Broad Institute values collaboration, new ideas and sustaining an open and positive culture. Working with senior leadership, comfortable in changing environment and collaborative skills are necessary. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment, analysis, and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Functions under minimal supervision and is a high contributor and coordinator of many projects. Works collaboratively with entire team including the Associate Director, scientific leadership team, and other administrative staff while providing comprehensive support. Has the ability to effectively gain cooperation of others without having formal authority.
- Scheduling - Closely controls calendar, with authority to determine who may be scheduled. Schedules group meetings with coordination of other internal and external sources.
- Telephone - Answers phones and/or returns phone calls. Screens calls for managers and responds to moderately complex inquiries from all levels of employees or external sources regarding a variety of questions, such as clarification of office policy and procedures.
- Travel Coordination - Makes complex domestic and international travel arrangements including flight, hotel and rental car. Maintains files on preferences, past itineraries and other travel related materials.
- Correspondence - Per manager’s request, reads standard or electronic mail, highlights actions or important items and attaches relevant files or information for review. Responds to routine correspondence under own signature or drafts responses for manager’s review on more complex ones. Ascertains which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, follows up and informs principal manager of action. Prepares and proofreads manager’s reports and presentations.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading - As required by Director, proofreading of scientific papers, including the ability to assemble and maintain a library of references in Endnote; Ability to use/learn the software program Papers; Ability to update and proofread letters of reference; Ability to prepare letters of collaboration for grants and NIH biosketches.
- Financial and Operations - Understands administrative services, policies and procedures. Familiar with travel guidelines and how to generate reimbursements for travel related expenses. Understands catering guidelines, vendors and budgets related to food expense.
- Training - Increases knowledge throughout year by participating in offered training and tutorials.
- Other Stanley Center Responsibilities - Performs other duties as assigned by manager. Provides back-up support to other organizational AAs. Participates in on-board and training process for new administrative staff as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of eight years relevant experience in a professional administrative support position, with experience in an academic or scientific research environment and communications function.
- Expert writing skills; able to compose clear, concise and professional material.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Accuracy and great attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and must be comfortable learning new software and technology. Experience with Google Drive suite preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid and challenging environment.
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative.The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.EOE/Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabilities
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE