Senior Brand Leader
We are seeking a senior leader and brand management innovator who will drive successful execution of the linaclotide brand, Linzess. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker and analytical professional with proven leadership skills. This individual will lead the implementation of innovative, science-based marketing and communication strategies for linaclotide and additional brand(s) with global partners, and will manage the strategic and tactical elements of the brand and related marketing programs. This is an exciting growth stage for the Linzess brand and Ironwood. He/She will be a key driver and leader within the commercial organization.
- Lead the brand planning effort, including the design and implementation of innovative, science-based marketing and communication strategies;
- Collaborate and build alignment with internal and external business partners, including aligning and managing a co-marketing partnership;
- Overall P&L management responsibility;
- Design, propose, and monitor the communication architecture and the marketing mix;
- Manage the execution of strategic and tactical marketing plans, product messaging alignment, and forecasting for the brand;
- Build an effective collaboration with internal functional experts (Development, Regulatory, Sales &, Payer teams, Project Management, Compliance) to create a high performing brand team;
- Lead the day-to-day interface with U.S. and global commercial partners;
- Manage product life cycle.
Key areas of expertise:
- Marketing strategy
- Business analytics
- Product promotion
- Life cycle management
- Payer & pricing
- Collaboration and partnership
- 15 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience; experience in a co-promote partnership is preferred;
- Proven experience overseeing a significant compound/brand within the pharmaceutical or biotech industries;
- Proven experience in designing innovative marketing and communication strategies, leveraging digital media as one of several communication channels;
- Proven management experience including experience with budgeting process, strategic and tactical planning, performance management, and project management;
- A passion for brand management, customer service, and excellence;
- Ability to think strategically by identifying and analyzing consumer and market insights and translating these into effective strategies;
- Strong leadership, planning, and exceptional project management skills;
- Management experience. He/She will lead/mentor the linaclotide marketing team.
- Excellent oral, written, verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- B.A./B.S. degree required; advance degree preferred.