Senior Manager/Associate Director - Process Automation (1403921)
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has announced plans for an expansion of its large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion will create a mammalian cell biologics center of excellence through the introduction of biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
Senior Manager/Associate Director - Process Automation will lead the Site Process Automation group, which is responsible for all systems involved in the plant (process automation systems development/support, and manufacturing execution system recipe support).
Responsibilities will include:
- Specify control system hardware and direct equipment installation.
- Perform instrumentation startup and troubleshooting as it relates to the process control system.
- Review control panel layout and design including power distribution and grounding requirements as well as IO assignments.
- Establishes and communicates site business objectives and requirements for the Devens Site Process Automation consistent with company biologics and Manufacturing Systems Information Technology strategy.
- Working closely with Information Technology, is responsible for the implementation, testing, and validation of new product recipes as part of the overall technical transfer process.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to address priorities, meet schedules, maximize productivity, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies.
- Develops and leads a high performance team responsible for process automation, manages the recruitment and development of staff. Invests in the development of current and future leadership through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition.
- Establishes and communicates high performance standards, defines clear accountability, and leads by adopting continuous improvement strategies to reduce operational variances and reduce cycle time.
- Work with peers to establish automation standards and ensure their use
- Knowledge of engineering and science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S. in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, a related Automation discipline or its equivalent.
- Ten years of manufacturing experience including five plus years managing process automation projects, documented by a solid history of technical accomplishments and a proven track record in developing control system software.
- A minimum of 4 years in a Supervisor/Manager role
- Mastery of engineering principles as enumerated in ISA S88 Batch Process Control and the utilization of recipe driven production systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation such as P and IDs, Process Flow diagrams and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong planning skills and ability to manage concurrent priorities.
- Strong knowledge of GMP/cGMP particularly as it applies to biologics manufacturing and automated systems.
- Strong knowledge of 21CFR Part11 and life cycle development of applications
- Proven ability working in a matrix environment and leading multi-level / cross functional teams to achieve the highest performance in meeting site and departmental objectives.
- Occasional business related travel is required,
Click here to apply: