Patent Agent / Senior Patent Agent
Reporting to the Senior Patent Counsel, the Patent Agent/Sr. Patent Agent will work in a fast-paced team environment on a broad range of intellectual property matters helping to build and maintain a strong IP portfolio protecting Alnylam’s drug development efforts. This person will work closely with scientists and management, will possess good business and legal sense and have a solid understanding of intellectual property laws and concepts related to the biopharmaceutical business strategies and patents.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
The Patent Agent/Sr Patent Agent will drive the creation of new patent applications to expand Alnylam’s intellectual property portfolio, including:
- Performing patentability searches and providing patentability opinions
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications directed to RNAi therapeutic agents and delivery technologies
- Liaise with external legal counsel
- Educate and advise employees on IP matters
- Conduct freedom-to-operate searches and provide FTO opinions in support of R&D efforts
- Participate in due diligence with in-house and outside counsel to evaluate IP portfolios
- MS in biology, chemistry or biochemistry required, PhD preferred
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of in-house or law firm experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, preferable with experience in the oligonucleotide therapeutic space
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Familiarity with scientific and IP databases
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Organized, independent and detailed oriented
Demonstrate clear alignment with Alnylam Core Values including, Commitment to People, Innovation and Discovery, Sense of Urgency, Open Culture and Passion for Excellence.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.