August 7, 2014
As a member of a team of accomplished scientists and technologists, the Scientific Advisor provides scientific guidance and analysis to the Sales, Marketing, Consulting Services and Client Services functions in a software company that creates electronic data collection systems for clinical trials.
- Review clinical protocols from prospective customers;
- Plan the data collection design;
- Determine the project complexity;
- Write content for the Scope of Work;
- Prepare capability and proposal defense presentations; and
- Attend pre-sales customer presentations.
Consulting Services Support:
- Develop instrument and patient reported outcomes diary designs;
- Participate in concept elicitation, cognitive debriefing and usability testing;
- Prepare of study documents including centralized IRB submissions;
- Interview subjects;
- Coding and Analysis;
- Gap and Data Analysis;
- Prepare Reports;
- Acquire and maintain critical knowledge to support clients and PHT teams to maintain knowledge base regarding regulations and scientific advances that influence PHT services; and
- Participate in discussions on behalf of the client with instrument copywriters, regulatory authorities and other third parties.
- Contribute to product development decisions;
- Participate in presentations at professional forums;
- Participate in the preparation and review of publications; and
- Support projects which are designed to obtain marketing information.
Client Services Support:
- Assist project handoff from sales to services;
- Contribute to training of Client Services staff regarding diary design, scientific objectives of proposals, best practices; and
- Support Client Services at selected post sales customer meetings.
- Travel approximately 50% of time
Education Minimum: PhD is required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in working with or managing clinical trials
- Familiarity with the drug development life cycle
- Fluency in both scientific and business concepts
- Polished presentation skills with an ability to engage the audience
- Skilled with MS Office and possessing general technology savvy
- Comfortable and fearless learning new computer programs.
- Enthusiasm for role of consultant
- Experience with Patient Reported Outcomes and electronic PROs is a big plus