Highly motivated biologist expected to provide scientific expertise and experience to research projects within the in vivo group. The major role of this position is in the design, evaluation and interpretation of proof-of-concept studies of therapeutic drug candidates. The individual chosen for this position will demonstrate technical and scientific leadership and a broad range of technical and analytical skills.
* Develop and implement strategies for the identification, development, validation and set up of animal models in support of multiple projects, including assessment of the translatability to humans.
* Responsible for identifying and validating novel in vivo pre-clinical models.
* Design, coordinate and execute studies to support in vivo proof-of-concept experiments.
* Participate in the planning of key experiments and strategic approaches to advance projects to in vivo proof-of-concept studies. Provide technical support and intellectual guidance to multiple projects across the department.
* Perform in depth literature searches. Understand current concepts in the field.
* Responsible for the preparation and distribution of study reports including conclusions and recommendations.
* Participate in cross-functional project teams, meetings, seminars and conferences in support of research goals
Education and Experience Requirements:
Ph.D. or an equivalent education in Physiology, Pharmacology, or related disciplines with 6 years or more experience primarily in an industry setting. Ideally, the candidate will have technical expertise and hands-on experience on delivering novel therapeutics through in vivo proof-of-concept studies. Experience in developing and executing in vivo experiments and assessment of biomarker endpoints is essential. Knowledge of basic histology works is desirable.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
Proven hands-on experience in in vivo proof-of-concept studies. The ability to establish strong relationships among groups within Research is critical, as are good interpersonal communication skills. The individual chosen for this position should demonstrate ownership, accountability, creativity, and ability to build strong working relationships with others in a team environment towards the achievement of teams' and organizations' goals.
* The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in a wide range of in vivo pre-clinical models as well as technical and analytical expertise in the implementation, execution and interpretation of pre-clinical in vivo studies.
* Strong analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding, execution, and interpretation of animal studies.
* Experience with biomarkers, histology, behavioral studies and other readouts required.
* Strong organization skills and flexibility to ensure timely completion of project deliverables on tight timelines.
* Strong computer skills including preparation of reports and presentations, and use of instrument-associated software and data capture.
Other Job Requirements:
* Limited domestic and international travel is required.
* Strong presentation and written skills are required.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
Please apply at: Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWxlYXRvbi40ODE5NC4zMTY3QHNoaXJlLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ