EMD Millipore has an opening for an eCatalog Specialist. This position is based at our headquarters in Billerica, MA.
The eProcurement Catalog Specialist is a hands-on position responsible for the proactive data retrieval and the on time creation of custom and standard catalog files (Excel). Under the lead of the eProcurement Project Manager, this individual will manage all aspects of hosted catalogs, including but not limited to: Interfacing with Customers and 3rd party platform providers, Maintenance of catalog masterfile, Creation and upload of eCatalog files to a diverse set of marketplaces, Customer QA and sign-off, Regularly scheduled maintenance and adhoc production eCatalog troubleshooting.
- Perform analysis of customer requirements.
- Plan and execute workload according to best practices, service level agreements and eProcurement team prioritization.
- Proactively identify, resolve, escalate and communicate issues related to new and existing eCatalogs.
- Interface daily with internal pricing team contacts, sales, technical eCatalog contacts at customers and 3rd party platform (marketplace) providers.
- Cooperate with: his/her counterpart in the EU to align processes; CSP team to understand CSP structure in NA; eProcurement BDM and PM to continuously improve quality of e-catalog content.
- Manual extraction of content and pricing from different internal systems (SAP -CSP; BOXI; STEP, Webdatabase etc), creation of catalog master files.
- Maintenance of content and pricing files (List price/private price) on hosted eCatalog platform provider portals.
- Quarterly updates of hosted catalogs (removal of obsolete items, addition of new items, update of prices and monitoring of approval status.
- Archive all information related to electronic catalogs (previous versions; update schedule, requirements per customer, Customer Reference Guides and Process User Guides for Catalogs, etc.).
- Maintain eCatalog requests and information via internal tracking tools (eCom db, SharePoint).
- Troubleshoot all issues related to hosted Catalogs.
- Backup of EU Catalog Manager as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree required – Master s Degree preferred.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience working with data files from various database sources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, ability to easily manipulate and analyze very large data files).
- Experience with retrieval of data from multiple data sources such as Oracle and SAP.
- Exposure to eCommerce principles and eProcurement platform providers preferred.
- Team player with autonomous working style. Ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Fast and accurate project execution; flexible; ability to work under pressure in a matrix organization.
- Customer oriented. Detailed, accurate, well organized, open-minded, structured in thinking, positive approach, good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to transport information between platform providers, end-customers, In-house Customer Specific Pricing Team and the Sales Organization.
- Past experience working as part of a virtual team is a plus.
- Additional language skills (Spanish, Portuguese) are considered as a plus.