Data Collection Coordinator I
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The University of Massachusetts Medical School's (UMMS) educational mission stems from its founding in 1962 to provide affordable, high-quality medical education to qualified residents of the commonwealth. With that goal as its cornerstone, UMMS' educational mission has expanded to include residency and fellowship training, graduate education in nursing and the biomedical sciences, training in allied health professions, and continuing education for health care practitioners.
All the physicians in the CMC are faculty members in the University of Massachusetts Medical School where they teach medical students, interns and residents, and other ancillary students and they conduct research in many topics related to child health such as HIV, leukemia, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, teen pregnancy, infant mortality, and health care delivery in the community. The University of Massachusetts Medical School is one of about 40 centers for the National Children’s Study (NCS), a federally funded longitudinal study to investigate the effects of the environment on the growth and development and health of children by following 100,000 children from pre-birth to age 21 years. Approximately 1000 of those children will be identified from Worcester County residents in Massachusetts. UMass is the only institution in Massachusetts to be identified as an NCS Center.
Under the supervision of the administrator or designee, the Data Collection Coordinator I will perform a full range of data entry and administrative support services as needed.
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
- Maintain multiple large complex spreadsheets, databases, and/or systems for tracking and reporting data
- Investigate and correct data and data format issues
- Track, proofread, and check data entry forms for accuracy and completeness
- Resolve discrepancies and obtain missing data and documentation
- Responsible to notify clients, both in writing and/or via telephone of required actions to resolve data issues
- Perform data entry and the electronic transfer of data. Responsible for all record maintenance
- Gather data and information for the preparation of reports and/or projects. Prepare data for both written and oral presentations
- Run and distribute summary reports and written presentations
- Input data with necessary documentation for computer processing
- Audit input and output data for accuracy and integrity. Take corrective action within predetermined guidelines
- Route data to appropriate staff for follow up and additional review
- Run and distribute summary reports
- Answer customer questions, resolve discrepancies, and obtain additional information from customers
- Review, sort, and file a variety of material
- Set up and maintain filing systems
- Proofread and check data entry forms
- Coordinate correspondence, perform record keeping duties, and administrative tasks as assigned
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 5 years of office or related experience
- Specialized secretarial training preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex databases
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, attend to details, and work independently
- Familiarity with RedCap and SAS desirable