August 22, 2014
- Participate in bioanalytical studies in support of glycosylation assays and biomarker discovery.
- Operate automatic sample processor and mass spectrometer (MALDI-TOF MS, LC-ESI-MS).
- Prepare samples from biological materials, involving chemical and enzymatic treatment.
- Inventory solvents, chemicals, and laboratory supplies.
- Keep accurate notebook records.
- Operate laboratory-information-management-system (LIMS) with up to date records of experiments and sample tracking.
- Review literature and technical reports.
- Help define problems and propose hypotheses.
- Design and conduct appropriate experiments.
- Maintain service agreements for laboratory instruments and schedule appropriate services.
- Follow safe working practices.
- Work in a team environment with a professional and positive attitude.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry or Chemistry with strong Analytical Chemistry training.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- At least 2 -3 years work experience involving analysis of bioproducts.
- Experience operating mass spectrometers, MALDI-TOF experience is preferred.
- Experience with basic protein analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, protein concentration determination, etc.
- Proteomics and/or glycomics knowledge is a plus
Vaupell offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please email your resume to Deb.Baker@Vaupell.com. No calls, please.