Field Application Scientist
August 22, 2014
HTG Molecular Diagnostics (www.htgmolecular.com) is a molecular diagnostics company based in Tucson, AZ. HTG Molecular was founded as a life sciences company in 1997 with the mission of developing a universal molecular biology-based platform that would improve the pharmaceutical drug discovery process. This novel technology is known as qNPA. Since that time, HTG Molecular has expanded the utility of the qNPA technology into the fields of gene expression profiling, translational medicine and clinical research. Applications include the measurement of mRNA and miRNA in a variety of sample types, especially in formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue.
HTG Molecular has a large menu of array components and is continuously adding more to support CLIA labs in custom array assays. HTG Molecular is developing proprietary gene expression assays for a variety of tissue types and disease states. The company is leveraging its proprietary and patented qNPA technology that is highly advantaged in working with FFPE and other biological specimens for mRNA and miRNA expression.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics has three main business units. MDx, which is in late stage development of a rapid turnaround, multiplexed an automation system that incorporates the qNPA technology for gene expression in high complexity CLIA laboratories. CDx, which is focused on providing research, prototype and IVD assay services and products to biomarker leads in drug development programs within major Pharmaceutical companies. Lastly, HTG has a business unit called AG that focuses on Academic and Government (AG) facilities conducting translational research or operating core research laboratories. In all instances, HTG develops and builds the user defined assay arrays for either use on our automated platform or to be performed in our service laboratory.
The HTG Molecular Diagnostics EDGE system is the first fully automated instrumentation designed for research and clinical laboratories that offers extraction-free gene expression results requiring limited FFPE tissue samples.
- Provide Scientific Customer Support to current and prospective Customers both over the phone and in person for all HTG systems and associated assays.
- Assist Customers with implementation of HTG assays.
- Train Customers on use of HTG systems, associated assays and sample preparation.
- Train Customers on data generated from HTG systems and assist with interpretation of data.
- Troubleshoot sample and/or assay related issues.
Minimum Job and Qualification Requirements:
- Masters or PhD in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology or related field
- Must be able to travel to Customer sites regularly – 75% + travel on a weekly basis.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with cell based assays and gene expression technologies such as PCR or BDNA and Next Gen Sequencing.
- Experience in pharmaceutical toxicology, PK, DMPK lab with understanding of DMPK studies preferred.
- Experience training and troubleshooting automated molecular assays preferred.