(Contract) SRA, Analytical Development (51-979)
The primary responsibilities of this contract role will be to support development of analytical methods for messenger RNA therapeutics and manage method transfer and validations at contract manufacturers. Additional responsibilities include developing methods for mRNA in-process tests, characterization of impurities, and product testing.
* Write analytical methods and train personnel on methods as needed
* Qualify methods and transfer methods to / from external collaborators
* Provide summary presentations and detailed reports to internal and external stake holders
* Maintain and troubleshoot equipment performance as needed
* BS with 5 years or MS with 3 years relevant industry experience
* BS/MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field
* Proven track record for managing method transfers and qualifications at external CMOs
* MS with 5 years of relevant industry experience
* HPLC modes (e.g. ion exchange, reverse phase ion pair, size exclusion), electrophoretic methods
* Knowledge of equipment platforms (e.g. Thermo, Waters, Agilent) and data processing software (e.g. Chromeleon, Chemstation, Empower)
* Hands on industry experience with analytical development for RNA and DNA therapeutics
* Knowledge of LC-MS techniques
* Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology
* Knowledge of GMP and GLP regulations
* Effective team player
* Clear verbal and written communication skills
* Drive and initiative to deliver on goals in a fast-paced environment
* Efficiency in execution
Why Join Moderna
Moderna is pioneering messenger RNA Therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn secreted or active intracellularly. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions. Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate, including more than 250 patent applications covering novel nucleotide chemistries and drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs through a combination of strategic relationships as well as newly formed ventures.
Founded in late 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs, Cambridge-based Moderna is privately held and currently has strategic agreements with AstraZeneca and Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with Astra Zeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please apply at: Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWxsaXNvbi5tYXllci44MTg1Mi4zMTY3QG1vZGVybmF0aGVyYXBldXRpY3NpbmMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t