Director of Consumer Marketing
Our client, based just outside of Boston, is a publicly-traded, innovative health-care company that develops and markets a medical technology and point-of-care test that help patients and physicians better manage chronic pain, nerve diseases, and sleep disorders. They have a specific focus on a disease category that impacts millions of patients – a therapeutic area that is unfortunately on the rise. With recent FDA approval for a new over-the-counter device, the company is gearing up for a major OTC product launch and is making a significant investment in this area of the business. We are looking for a Director of Consumer Marketing to lead this effort, reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Manager of the consumer business unit. This person will manage one direct report (Digital Marketing Manager) and will work cross-functionally on both strategy development and implementation.
The role includes
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies that are integrated with the consumer product portfolio and marketing programs.
- Identifying customer insights and needs to drive program development and implementation, including positioning, branding, advertising and communications, education and direct-to-patient programs, public relations, internet marketing, channel marketing strategy and tactics, advocacy/community initiatives, and trade show management.
- Developing relationships with key thought leaders and organizations.
- Conducting and utilizing market research in developing new strategies.
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience, preferably from a healthcare or personal care company.
- A mix of online and traditional marketing experience; e-commerce experience required.
- Equally strong in developing strategies and implementing those ideas.
- Strong project management skills.
- Track record of working in a cross-functional environment, specifically with the sales organization.
- People management experience required.
- BA in marketing or business, MBA preferred.