Senior Director, US Market Access and Reimbursement
JOB TITLE: Senior Director, US Market Access and Reimbursement
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Global and US Pricing, Reimbursement, and Health Economics
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
LOCATION: Field Based, US
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement payer coverage strategies for private payers, Medicaid and Medicare disability.
- Build over time a team of market access professionals to develop collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, HCPs, government agencies and private payers.
- Establish approach for developing and implementing field-based market access solutions that are aligned with other key business processes.
- Assist Synageva health economists to understand and mold the value proposition for US customers.
- Help guide the development of customer focused tools and solutions that demonstrate the economic and clinical value of the Company brand.
- Engage and partner with external stakeholders (medical societies, payers, providers, etc.) to drive strategies.
- Partner with Marketing, Patient Assistance, MSLs, and other functions to drive business strategy and pro-actively position Company for future healthcare payments systems.
- Provide early recognition of changes in the US reimbursement environment & strategic direction for Company regarding such changes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 10 years of experience with payer-facing roles of increasing responsibility. Current contacts in orphan drug payer community a must.
- Additional experience in sales is a plus. Close experience with health economics also a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of the evidence-driven healthcare system and the role of reimbursement is required.