Associate Director, Global Medical Operations & Patient Advocacy
JOB TITLE: Associate Director, Global Medical Operations & Patient Advocacy
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Global Medical Operations & Patient Advocacy
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
LOCATION: Lexington, MA
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Medical Operations & Patient Advocacy, the Associate Director will be responsible for supporting the Global Market Access and Medical Affairs team on the development, implementation, and completion of strategic and tactical projects. In this hands-on role, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering these projects within timelines and budget and will be supported by dotted-line direct reports from within the Medical Affairs team.
- Lead the operational aspects of Global Medical Affairs & Market Access projects to ensure successful implementation and operational excellence [in collaboration with cross-functional team members] including, but not limited to, Investigator Initiated Research, Grants, Library Services, Medical Information Services, Registry Programs, Diagnostics, Field Metrics, and Disease Awareness and Patient Identification projects.
- Integrate Medical Affairs planning for Synageva’s lead and pipeline programs through the life cycle, with immediate focus on the LAL Deficiency program.
- Serve as the company liaison with academic and commercial laboratories that offer diagnostic testing for LAL Deficiency to gather diagnostic metrics. This data provides leading indicators of the impact of disease awareness on routine clinical diagnostic testing as well as testing for research purposes (in accordance with national and local guidelines and/or company policies and procedures).
- Maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics in close coordination with the Medical Affairs leadership team.
- Collaborate with medical field personnel (i.e. MSLs) to plan and execute logistical aspects of Medical Affairs field programs, including but not limited to: ad boards, medical symposia and CME programs, as appropriate.
- Ensure alignment between the medical and commercial functions in a way that achieves collective goals and respects/maintains compliance with corporate policies and regulations.
- Supervise the tasks of the Medical Operations Specialist to ensure purchase orders and contracts are processed, a system for high-quality tracking of project milestones is established and maintained, and the approved budget is tracked.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree required.
- Advanced science degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Proven track record working in operations management in a matrix structure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly driven, organized, collaborative.
- Project management experience in biopharmaceutical industry x 5 years.
- Pre-launch project management preferred.
- Rare disease, hepatology, lipidology and/or genetics experience preferred.