Faculty - Pharmaceutics
For nearly 200 years, MCPHS University, formerly known as Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has been at the forefront of innovation in the healthcare world. We take pride in our history, yet are motivated by a curiosity about the future. That’s why we are constantly updating our state-of-the-art labs, innovating our curriculums, and adding programs to coincide with the needs of an ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Faculty and staff continue to bring their talents and skills to MCPHS University to contribute to our mission of guiding and supporting students toward successful and sustainable careers in healthcare. Whatever position an employee holds, their efforts make an important impact on the overall quality of campus life. Employees are an integral part of a community that is proud of its heritage and the accomplishments that make MCPHS University a first-class educational institution.
The School of Pharmacy - Worcester/Manchester invites applications for two faculty positions at the Worcester campus. The responsibilities of faculty positions in Pharmaceutics include:
- Co-teaching the Pharmaceutics Laboratory and core courses in the PharmD program
- Establishing a laboratory-based research program that enables the candidate to mentor, teach and advise students in the MS/PhD graduate program. Research collaborations within the University, the Colleges of the Worcester Consortium and the strong bio/pharmaceutical industry in Worcester are encouraged.
- Developing and teaching professional elective courses in an area of interest and expertise
- Serving as an advisor to students
- Providing service to the department, the School, the University, the profession and the community
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
- PhD in Pharmaceutics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A pharmacy degree (RPh or PharmD)
- Experience in pharmacy education
- Pharmacy compounding experience
- Prior teaching experience
- Evidence of commitment to scholarship
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
To apply, please visit www.mcphs.edu/careers. Attach a cover letter and a resume or curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are welcome to apply.