Biological Engineer / Biophysicist
TissueVision Inc. is a MIT founded company that develops tissue imaging and processing technologies for high-speed automated whole organ histological analysis. We are a small, dynamic company which is quickly growing and whose mission is to automate and streamline tissue imaging and analysis.
Location: Somerville, MA
The successful candidate will work in a small team to scale our service and imaging capabilities and assist our internal R&D efforts. The employee will also be working with engineers to help build and deliver microscope systems to customers and will be expected to provide on-site technical support to our national and international customers so great communication skills and professional presentation is paramount. Further, this inter-disciplinary position will involve biochemical and biophysical expertise including tissue handling, multi-photon imaging, image processing, and data management. The successful candidate will interact directly and report to senior management and scientists within the company. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in biomedical imaging, product support and tissue analysis.
National and international travel on short notice is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Engineering, Biophysics or related field
- Good hands on technical and laboratory skills
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy
- Highly-organized, self-motivated, collaborative and creative
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent social and written communication skills and positive attitude
- Previous experience in a small company
- Previous experience in tissue labeling and staining techniques specifically immunohistochemistry
- Previous experience in technical support