Director of Physician/Professional Marketing
Our client, based just outside of Boston, is a publicly-traded, innovative health-care company that develops and markets a medical technology and point-of-care test that help patients and physicians better manage chronic pain, nerve diseases, and sleep disorders. They have a specific focus on a disease category that impacts millions of patients – a therapeutic area that is unfortunately on the rise. With recent FDA approval for a new over-the-counter device, the company is gearing up for a major OTC product launch and is making a significant investment in this area of the business. We are looking for a Director of Physician/Professional Marketing to lead this effort, reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Manager of the consumer business unit. This is a newly created position.
The individual selected for this position has the opportunity to identify innovative ways to break through the clutter in the crowded space to elevate this device to the top of mind for physicians in various therapeutic specialties. The Director will create and implement the professional marketing strategies that will further inform the creation of the company’s strategic and brand plans and all of its tactical elements.
The role is broad and varied and includes message development, multi-channel planning and placement, and tracking and metrics. This person will work closely with the Director of Consumer Marketing and Digital Marketing Manager on Web and e-commerce initiatives focused on HCP needs. We are looking for someone who has creative and forward-thinking skills with a can-do attitude.
More on the role
- Lead the creation and implementation of HCP marketing initiatives for new product launch, which includes the professional communication strategy, message platform development, channel planning and placement, relevant journal advertising, professional branded/non-branded websites; and work with external vendors
- Identify and engage with clinical specialist practitioners and thought leaders to advocate in support of the company and its products
- Collaborate with sales training on needs assessment, curriculum development, training delivery, etc.
- 10+ years of medical device, diagnostic or pharmaceutical marketing experience with a specific focus on marketing to healthcare professionals
- Able to translate customer insights into business strategies and plans
- Business acumen demonstrated through analysis, problem-solving and success measures
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing abilities
- Drive performance across a matrix team
- Ability to travel roughly 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in business or marketing preferred