Human Resources Business Partner
Summary of Position
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to helping bring personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine is developing clinical laboratory tests that will broadly capture the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information in a single test, and connect it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will have a strong generalist background with an area of specialty to provide the organization with the leadership required to develop, implement and maintain human resource programs and systems.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Models, and reinforces FMI's culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with organizational objectives and cultural pillars.
- Drives creation of policies, procedures and processes on global HR activities such as compensation, benefits, performance management
- Advises Leadership Team Members and their Teams on organizational and human resource issues (i.e., organizational effectiveness, change management, performance management, compensation, etc). In partnership, proactively identifies needs and develops and implements appropriate approaches, processes and tools.
- Work the Human Resources Team to develop global HR programs/processes to support overall effectiveness of the business.
- Manages employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues while ensuring legal compliance across regions, leveraging employee abilities and managing risk. Effectively investigates issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action.
- Coaches the leadership teams to enhance their impact on employees to address organizational needs.
- Serve as HR subject matter expert on internal HR cross-functional project teams (i.e., global performance management or Compensation)
- Serves as liaison with Talent Acquisition function to ensure workforce planning, recruiting and hiring strategies are met.
- Works with internal partners such as Legal, IT, and other HR team members to resolve employee issues as appropriate.
- Strong Business Acumen and the application of HR practices and programs, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, talent/performance management, employee engagement, reward and recognition principles.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- The ability to think strategically and still maintain an attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment
- Able to command respect at all levels of the organization, capable of highly-independent work as well as being a team player and role model
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience in effectively communicating with employees, senior management or other outside partners.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, able to lead open and effective dialogue throughout the Company and able to craft and deliver compelling messages internally.
- 7-10 years HRBP or Generalist experience
- Demonstrated track record of proactively suggesting new alternatives to current HR practices, anticipating and developing both strategic and tactical HR plans and programs to accomplish the Company’s mission
- Experience in most or all of the functional areas associated with this position; excellent management, negotiating and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to achieve results
Education or Experience
- High energy level, a driving sense of urgency and a seasoned “make it happen/can do” orientation
- Experience working in multi-state and global organizations is preferred
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient’s unique cancer. The company’s initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient’s individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.