Lab Operations Specialist - Accessioning/Purchasing/Inventory
Berg Diagnostics is a Boston based molecular diagnostics company that offers high-throughput omics-based molecular profiling, biomarker validation, and regulated bioanalysis to accelerate development of molecular therapeutics and diagnostics. Armed with the state-of-the-art instrumentation platforms, the company serves to catalyze project end-points in therapeutic and biomarker development
This position is in the Clinical Diagnostics division, CLIA certified Laboratory at Berg Diagnostics, 500 Old Connecticut Path, Building B, Framingham, MA.
- Accessioning of clinical samples in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Follow all documentation procedures as per the SOP for the receipt, accessioning and storage of samples in house.
- Responsible for purchasing, ordering and maintaining inventory of laboratory reagents and consumables.
- Obtain and file Certificates of Analysis for purchased reagents.
- Obtain MSDS sheets and update Chemical Inventory and MSDS books as needed.
- Responsibilities include monitoring temperature, keeping chemical disposal/waste logs and duties assigned by the Lab Supervisor/Director.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree required
- Previous experience with a LIMS system preferred but not required
- Candidate should be reliable, responsible and with attention to detail and interested in a fast paced clinical laboratory environment
- Should adhere to attendance and punctuality when reporting to work
In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Berg Pharma focuses our research on understanding how alterations in metabolism relate to disease onset. The company has a deep pipeline of early-stage technologies in CNS diseases and metabolic diseases that complement its late-stage clinical trial activity in cancer and prevention of chemotoxicity. Armed with use of the Interrogative Biology® discovery platform that translates biological output into viable therapeutics and a robust biomarker library, Berg Pharma is poised to realize its pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.