Medical Information Manager
Global Medical Information (GMI) is a professional service that responds to unsolicited drug and disease state related inquiries from physicians and other healthcare providers and provides support to internal stakeholders. With two new commercially launched products and a rich product pipeline, the Medical Information Manager will provide a critical role to ensure medical information materials are well-maintained.
The Medical Information Manager is a leader in developing and maintaining a comprehensive and medically accurate database for Vertex products. The Medical Information Manager will be the face of GMI to internal stakeholders for medical content and inquiry case handling, and lead quality review and training of the Medical Information Call Center (MIC), all while ensuring compliance with Vertex policies and procedures.
• Manage training and mentoring of Medical Information Specialists and Sr. Specialists.
• Oversee content management system of the medical information database; monitor inquiry case processing by MIC and provide global training to database users.
• Utilize clinical expertise to develop timely, non-misleading, accurate, and scientifically balanced responses to unsolicited medical information inquiries.
• Develop responses in anticipation of trends in medicine as they relate to Vertex products.
• Support materials through the Medical Review Committee approval process.
• Manage the medical information booth at Vertex exhibits during medical/scientific congresses.
• Lead quality monitoring of MIC to include, inquiry handling, case processing, identification/reporting of potential adverse events and product complaints.
• Assess and provide guidance/training to the MIC on product/disease state and processes.
• Contribute to the development of departmental procedural guidelines and standard operating procedures.
• Represent GMI at cross-functional meetings with key internal stake-holders and ensure alignment of medical information materials across Vertex functional groups.
• Provide training and act as a resource to other internal functional groups.
• Contribute to the strategy and vision of the GMI department in conjunction with senior management.
• Ensure compliance with Vertex policies and procedures.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Advanced degree in pharmacy or medicine preferred. Previous clinical experience a plus. Bachelor's (In healthcare focus), Master's Degree a plus, clinical experience required
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry required, to include 2 years of medical information experience
• Requires initiative and the ability to maintain a high level of productivity while simultaneously managing multiple assignments
• Successful experience managing personnel desired and proven ability as project manager
• Strong technical/scientific writing skills and verbal communication
• Excellent ability to interpret and present scientific/clinical data and understand statistical analyses
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, literature management systems (e.g. ReferenceManager, EndNote), and medical information database systems (e.g. IRMS)
• Some travel required
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply for this position, please <a href='http://vertex.contacthr.com/35791733'><b>CLICK HERE</b></a>