Scientific Associate II
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is looking for an experienced, creative and enthusiastic scientist interested in joining our Analytical Development Release and Stability team in Boston, MA.
As a member of the Analytical Development Release and Stability Laboratory, this role will support the drug development programs at Vertex through analytical method validation, clinical supply release and clinical stability sample analysis for both drug substances and drug products, all in a GMP environment. Responsibilities will include analytical testing and analytical data review as well as routine instrument and method troubleshooting and performs routine equipment maintenance. Familiar with laboratory techniques commonly used in the analysis of pharmaceutical products, especially HPLC, GC and dissolution, is required. Familiar with GMP testing, method validation, analytical data review, analytical investigations, instrument and method troubleshooting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life or physical sciences with a preference for a concentration in chemistry, analytical chemistry or pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Minimum experience: 0-4 years of experience working in a GMP analytical laboratory
- Familiar with HPLC, GC, FT-IR, UV-VIS, KF, dissolution and other instruments. Strong expertise in HPLC and/or GC is preferred.
- The ability to conduct experiment independently following established methodology, procedures and SOPs with minimal supervision is essential.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage priorities and maintain timelines for multiple projects is essential.
-The ability to maintain accurate records of test results in lab notebook is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist.
For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE