Biopharma Manufacturing in MA
Massachusetts is a leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing because of its unsurpassed workforce, a life sciences ecosystem rich in supportive services and expertise, and government policies that promote manufacturing operations.
DID YOU KNOW?
Massachusetts is at the center of the region with the greatest biologics manufacturing capacity in the world – with 600,000 liters of mammalian cell culture manufacturing capacity (in use and in validation).
Of the top 11 biopharma manufacturing states, Massachusetts was one of just four which added manufacturing jobs in the last decade.
Recently, Bristol Myers Squibb, Genzyme, and Shire are among the companies that have made major investments in commercial biopharma manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- July 24, 2015 MassBio Nonprofit Leaders Roundtable
- July 22, 2015 Sick kids, desperate parents, and the battle for experimental drugs: The Boston Globe - July 15, 2015
- July 21, 2015 BioPharm America™ 2015 to bring industry heavy hitters and biotech disruptors to Boston September 15–17
- July 14, 2015 Sprint Team Members Wanted for ViiV Healthcare!
- July 7, 2015 After coma, teen invents eco-friendly plastic from potatoes – The Boston Globe, 7/6/2015