Biopharma Manufacturing in MA
Massachusetts is a leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing because of its unsurpassed workforce, a life sciences ecosystem rich in supportive services and expertise, and government policies that promote manufacturing operations.
DID YOU KNOW?
Massachusetts is at the center of the region with the greatest biologics manufacturing capacity in the world – with 600,000 liters of mammalian cell culture manufacturing capacity (in use and in validation).
Of the top 11 biopharma manufacturing states, Massachusetts was one of just four which added manufacturing jobs in the last decade.
Recently, Bristol Myers Squibb, Genzyme, and Shire are among the companies that have made major investments in commercial biopharma manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- January 26, 2015 MassBio Office Closed 1/27
- January 23, 2015 Supporting Increased NIH Funding
- January 7, 2015 Bio-Pact Establishes Corporate HQ in Massachusetts
- December 30, 2014 FREE DOT Hazmat Training for MassBio Members (Webex)
- December 9, 2014 Q & A with Dr. David Meeker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Genzyme