Biopharma Manufacturing in MA
Massachusetts is a leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing because of its unsurpassed workforce, a life sciences ecosystem rich in supportive services and expertise, and government policies that promote manufacturing operations.
DID YOU KNOW?
Massachusetts is at the center of the region with the greatest biologics manufacturing capacity in the world – with 600,000 liters of mammalian cell culture manufacturing capacity (in use and in validation).
Of the top 11 biopharma manufacturing states, Massachusetts was one of just four which added manufacturing jobs in the last decade.
Recently, Bristol Myers Squibb, Genzyme, and Shire are among the companies that have made major investments in commercial biopharma manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- November 14, 2014 SEF Presents: Vertex Case Study - Using Fixed Gas Detection for Hazardous Environments
- November 13, 2014 MassBio Brings IPP Vision Van & Shoemobile to MassBio Members
- November 12, 2014 MLSC Life Sciences Milestone Achievement Program (MAP) Funding Info Session & Incubator Showcase
- November 7, 2014 New Massachusetts Life Sciences Center grant program to fund milestone achievement by early-stage companies
- November 3, 2014 Candidates for Governor discuss biotech issues, policies