Biopharma Manufacturing in MA
Massachusetts is a leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing because of its unsurpassed workforce, a life sciences ecosystem rich in supportive services and expertise, and government policies that promote manufacturing operations.
DID YOU KNOW?
Massachusetts is at the center of the region with the greatest biologics manufacturing capacity in the world – with 600,000 liters of mammalian cell culture manufacturing capacity (in use and in validation).
Of the top 11 biopharma manufacturing states, Massachusetts was one of just four which added manufacturing jobs in the last decade.
Recently, Bristol Myers Squibb, Genzyme, Shire and Lonza are among the companies that have made major investments in commercial biopharma manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- March 10, 2014 Apply Now! Springboard: Life Science 2014 - Opportunity for women-led businesses with high-growth potential
- March 10, 2014 Springboard: Life Science 2014 Regular Application Deadline
- March 7, 2014 LIMS Paperless CONNECTS - Thermo Fisher Informatics Lunch & Learn
- March 2, 2014 US-India BioPharma & Healthcare Summit
- February 27, 2014 MassBio’s Celtics Networking Night!