Waltham Place, 46,402 s.f. lab
available to Lease
in Waltham, Massachusetts
posted on January 21, 2014
Director of Economic Development
Waltham Place is a 201,000 s.f. office campus consisting of two Class A buildings: 266 Second Avenue and 275 Second Avenue. Conveniently located between Exits 26 and 27 on Route 128, Waltham Place enjoys direct Interstate 95/Route 128 frontage, high visibility and easy access to the Massachusetts Turnpike.
Past Use Description
266 Second Avenue: New Laboratory Availability
- 46,402 SF lab available on the first floor
- 60/40 lab to office ratio
- Two-story, 96,695 SF office/lab building built in 1998
- 12,654 vivarium within premises
- New cafe and fitness facility, showers and lockers, and covered parking
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
BioChem - 6 fume hoods
Secondary lab - 4 fume hoods
Hazardous waste storage
Centralized glass wash
Vivarium: 12,654 SF, self-contained, cage wash, 5 holding rooms, 10 procedure rooms.
Lab & Processing Utilities: Dedeicated b/u generator and UPS, RODI system, PH neutralization, house vacuum, compressed air, bulk gas distribution.
|Property Use||Lab, Office|
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||201,000|
|Square feet available||46,402|
|Date of Construction||1998|
|Property Owner||Griffith Properties|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing Massachusetts' leadership in the life sciences to grow the industry, add value to the healthcare system and improve patient lives.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 650 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- November 16, 2015 Symposium highlights CROs and CMOs, the unsung heroes of biotech: BBJ, 11/11/2015
- November 6, 2015 Science Takes Center Stage for MA High School Students
- November 2, 2015 Four New Companies Debut at MassCONNECT Showcase
- October 29, 2015 Life Science Real Estate Developer King Street Properties to Break Ground on a New $45.5 Million Building at 115 Hartwell Avenue in The Hartwell Innovation Campus in Lexington, Massachusetts
- October 20, 2015 National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases to Honor Robert K. Coughlin, President and Chief Executive Officer of Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, at Benefit Event