Vivarium & Lab Space, up to 30,000 s.f.
available to Lease
in Cambridge, MA
posted on August 8, 2014
Director of Economic Development
Owned by MIT, 12 Emily Street is a 30,000-square-foot flexible one- and two-story office/research & development building. The available space is suitable for conversion to biotech laboratory space.
Located two blocks from University Park at MIT and in close proximity to the MIT campus, 12 Emily Street is ideally situated within Cambridge's thriving biotechnology community. The immediate neighborhood is home to biotech industry leaders including Novartis, Genzyme, Millennium, Sanofi-Aventis, Pfizer, Ariad, Alkermes, Acceleron Pharma, Metabolix and Idera Pharmaceuticals. 12 Emily Street is a short walk to the Central Square MBTA Red Line subway station and is also served by EZ Ride, a shuttle connection to Kendall Square, East Cambridge and North Station commuter rail.
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
- 3,500 SF vivarium
- 3 chemical fume hoods
- cage wash
- tissue culture room
- Necropsy suite
- Histology suite
- Loading dock access
|Property Use||Lab, Office, Manufacturing|
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||30,000|
|Square feet available||30,000|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- September 22, 2014 Six MA Companies Named to Fierce 15
- September 19, 2014 Cambridge Historical Tours: Innovations FREE to Members
- September 19, 2014 Colpitts Lunch & Learn: How to Efficiently & Cost Effectively Manage Patients' Travel Logistics for Your Clinical Trial (Cambridge)
- September 19, 2014 Colpitts Lunch & Learn: How to Efficiently & Cost Effectively Manage Patients' Travel Logistics for Your Clinical Trial (Worcester)
- September 15, 2014 President and CEO