Vivarium & Lab Space, 33,495 s.f.
available to Lease
in Cambridge, MA
posted on June 9, 2015
Director of Economic Development
Owned by MIT, 12 Emily Street is a 30,000-square-foot flexible one- and two-story office/research & development building. The available space is suitable for conversion to biotech laboratory space.
Located two blocks from University Park at MIT and in close proximity to the MIT campus, 12 Emily Street is ideally situated within Cambridge's thriving biotechnology community. The immediate neighborhood is home to biotech industry leaders including Novartis, Genzyme, Millennium, Sanofi-Aventis, Pfizer, Ariad, Alkermes, Acceleron Pharma, Metabolix and Idera Pharmaceuticals. 12 Emily Street is a short walk to the Central Square MBTA Red Line subway station and is also served by EZ Ride, a shuttle connection to Kendall Square, East Cambridge and North Station commuter rail.
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
- 3,500 SF vivarium
- 3 chemical fume hoods
- cage wash
- tissue culture room
- Necropsy suite
- Histology suite
- Loading dock access
|Property Use||Lab, Office, Manufacturing|
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||33,495|
|Square feet available||33,495|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- July 1, 2015 Massachusetts State Regulations & Policies Survey
- June 30, 2015 Harness the Power of Social Media Part IV: Let’s Talk: Open Dialogue with Patients & Patient Advocacy Groups
- June 25, 2015 Breaking: U.S. Supreme Court Upholds ACA
- June 24, 2015 MA Farm, Science, Business Leaders Say 'No" to Food Labeling Bill
- June 22, 2015 Senator Warren holds roundtable discussions in Boston with FDA Acting Commissioner Dr. Stephen Ostroff and members of MassMEDIC and MassBio