640 Memorial Drive
available to Lease
in Cambridge, MA
posted on June 1, 2011
Director of Economic Development
640 Memorial Drive is currently being redeveloped and will produce a first-class laboratory building in the heart of East Cambridge. There is currently 113,866 available square feet. Tenants will be offered a modern building which combines the state-of-the-art features of new construction and flexible design to accommodate the requirements of modern R&D and life sciences laboratories with the architectural appeal of a historic buiding.
Overlooking the Charles River, the property offers easy access to Kendall Square, MIT, Longwood Medical Area, Boston University and Harvard. Excellent access to Mass Pike, Route 2 West, and both Memorial and Storrow Drives. Ample parking is available on-site as well as access to mass transit and a shuttle service. Building amenities include on-site cafe, fitness center, indoor bike storage, showers, shared conference center, balconies, and an atrium.
Past Use Description
The property has a history of innovation. It was first home to The Ford Motor Company plant as the first vertically integrated assembly line. It has also been owned and occupied by companies and institutions like Polaroid and MIT.
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
- Flexible 70/30 lab-to-office design ratio
- 2.0CFM lab areas
- Tenant condenser water riser system
- Tenant hot water riser system
- Common pH holding tank area
- First floor chemical storage area available
- Four loading bays (three active and one trash)
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||225,400|
|Square feet available||113,866|
|Date of Construction||1916/Renovated in 2011|
|Property Owner||MIT Investment Management|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- December 3, 2013 MassBio Open House
- November 29, 2013 Transitioning from Lagging to Leading Indicators – A Unique Approach
- November 26, 2013 MassBioEd's Employment Demand Update
- November 26, 2013 Patient Profile: Life With Liam
- November 26, 2013 Policy Update: MA Delegation Committed to Life Sciences Industry & Innovation