Grafton Science Park
available to Lease
in Grafton, MA
posted on November 29, 2012
Director of Economic Development
The Grafton Science Park is an 84-acre commercial life sciences and technology park located in Grafton on the western edge of the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University campus. JM Holdings Corporation (JM Holdings), a Cummings School subsidiary, provides long-term ground leases to companies that want to develop new facilities in the park. Our pad ready sites can be customized to each company's needs.
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
The advantages of locating at the Grafton Science Park include:
- Major permits are in-hand, including local master plan approval and a Massachusetts Environmental Protection Act (MEPA) Certificate by the state for up 660,000 gsf.
- Convenient location. Our location offers convenient access to the Worcester Polytechnic Institute and the University of Massachusetts Medical School (eight miles) and to Boston/Cambridge (35 miles), as well as to a number of technology and life science companies already located in the I-495/Metrowest region.
- Public infrastructure present. Construction of the park's first phase of roadway, Discovery Drive, and public utilities has been completed, and natural gas and electric power have been extended to the site. The park's first building, the New England Regional Biosafety Laboratory, opened in 2009. Grafton's commuter rail station is within walking distance (one-fourth of a mile).
- Favorable business climate. The Town of Grafton is a business-friendly community that supports the project; Grafton approved the state's Chapter 43D Expedited Permitting designation, securing state approval of Grafton Science Park as a Priority Development Site in September 2007. As a result, Grafton has also established a local streamlined permitting process.
- Financial incentives available. The town maintains an attractive, unitary tax structure and is located in a state-designated Economic Target Area (ETA). Subject to approvals from Grafton Town Meeting and Massachusetts Office of Business Development's Economic Coordinating Council, a project demonstrating job creation in an ETA can obtain negotiated municipal tax rates and an up to 6% state investment tax credit for qualifying tangible, depreciable assets.
|Property Use||Lab, Office|
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||348,000|
|Square feet available||348,000|
|Property Owner||Tufts University|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- April 24, 2015 Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program Launches in Boston
- April 24, 2015 Airgas Safety Training: The Safe Handling & Storage of Compressed Gas Cylinders
- April 24, 2015 Clinical Trials in the Age of Social Media: Strategies for Increasing Trial Awareness and Patient Recruitment
- April 23, 2015 MassBio Brings UniFirst Uniform Services to MassBio Members
- April 17, 2015 MassBio Welcomes Seven New Board Members