available to Lease
in Cambridge, MA
posted on November 29, 2012
Director of Economic Development
670 Albany Street is the state-of-the-art 160,000 square foot laboratory and research facility newly opened in the city’s largest biotechnology park. It is built to support innovation in biomedical research and science with the most modern, sophisticated, energy efficient building systems. The environmental design program has earned it the first LEED Certification of a Core and Shell Green Building in New England.
All tenants will benefit from the building’s highly efficient floor plates, low taxes, multitude of advanced biomedical research services and equipment, and shared 300-seat auditorium just off the lobby. Flexible floor plates of 21,405 square feet are subdividable to 3,000 square feet. A 1,400 car above-ground parking garage in addition to the existing 1,000 car structure, is now under construction on the park’s 14-acre campus.
Biotech Infrastructure Amenities
BioSquare tenants can access any of the following services and facilities on a fee-for-service basis, including:
- Functional MRI
- Animal surgical suite
- Transgenic facility
- Office of Clinical Research
- Macromolecular x-ray crystallography facility
- Computation for structural biology core
- Mass spectrometry resource facility
- Cryo-electron microscope facility
- NMR spectroscopy cores
- Assistance to handle and dispose of chemical, radioactive, and biohazardous materials
- Environmental health and safety consulting services
- Full service medical school library
- Occupational medical services
- Conference and catering services
- Office and lab cleaning services
- Design and construction management for labs and offices
- Publications production and media services
|Property Use||Lab, Office|
|Parking||This property has parking available|
|Building Size (in Square Feet)||161,000|
|Date of Construction||11/2005|
|Property Owner||Spaulding & Slye Investments|
Images (Click on images to view larger size)
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- March 7, 2014 LIMS Paperless CONNECTS - Thermo Fisher Informatics Lunch & Learn
- March 2, 2014 US-India BioPharma & Healthcare Summit
- February 27, 2014 MassBio’s Celtics Networking Night!
- February 27, 2014 Around the World in 120 Days: Europe 101 - Opportunities for Collaboration & New Markets
- February 27, 2014 The Future of Biosimilars: Market Need, Issues & Next Steps