The MA CRO CMO Cluster Initiative
Massachusetts has become a center of excellence for innovation in drug development, due in no small part to the strength of its contract research and manufacturing capabilities—the CRO CMO Cluster. The MA CRO CMO Cluster is playing a major part in developing new pharmaceuticals across a broad range of therapeutic classes, proving that locally grown companies can provide ease of access, operational efficiency and an unmatched level of technical expertise.
No other region in the United States provides such a complete continuum of services – from discovery through commercialization - ready to significantly accelerate and reduce costs for the development of new pharmaceuticals and therapies.
To shine a spotlight on the strength of our cluster and to streamline access to its unique resources, MassBio is launching the Massachusetts CRO CMO Cluster Initiative in partnership with the CRO/CMO Committee and OnDeckBiotech.
At the core of the Initiative is the MA CRO CMO Gateway, an online portal to facilitate direct, real-time access to cluster members. For biotech and drug development companies, the portal combines resources to search for specific capabilities, detailed company profiles, and tools to quickly execute confidentiality agreements so you can start conversations quickly and securely. The Gateway ensures efficient access to resources that accelerate development timelines and reduce costs.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- November 14, 2014 SEF Presents: Vertex Case Study - Using Fixed Gas Detection for Hazardous Environments
- November 13, 2014 MassBio Brings IPP Vision Van & Shoemobile to MassBio Members
- November 12, 2014 MLSC Life Sciences Milestone Achievement Program (MAP) Funding Info Session & Incubator Showcase
- November 7, 2014 New Massachusetts Life Sciences Center grant program to fund milestone achievement by early-stage companies
- November 3, 2014 Candidates for Governor discuss biotech issues, policies