MA CRO/CMO Symposium: Accelerating Drug Development
Tuesday, March 6 2012
7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Registration, Networking and Refreshments
8:30: Welcome & Logistical Remarks
- Shelley Amster, CRO/CMO Committee, Conference Co-Chair
MA CRO CMO Committee Historical Background
- Ed Price, CEO, PCI Synthesis
- Raj Rajur, Ph.D., Founder, President and CEO, Creagen Biosciences, Conference Co-Chair
- Josef H. von Rickenbach, Chair of the Board, CEO and Founder of PAREXEL International
9:15: Regulatory Inspection Trends
- Karen N. Archdeacon, Compliance Officer, FDA New England District
9:45: Networking and Refreshment Break in Exhibit Area
10:30 The Changing Paradigm – Reality from the Front Office
Moderator and Panelists:
- Roger Frechette, Ph.D. Co-Founder & CSO, NE Pharma Associates - Moderator
- Peter Lanciano, CEO, Neotropix
- Yael Schwartz, Ph.D., CEO & President, Hygeia Therapeutics
- Walter Olgier, CEO, Acetylon
- Leslie Williams, President & CEO, ImmusanT, Inc.
11:15: Collaboration Drives R & D - Working Together
Moderator and Panelists:
- Norton Peet, Ph.D., Director of Chemistry, Microbiotix, Inc. - Moderator
- Barbara Fox, Ph.D., CEO, Avaxia Biologics
- Ross D. Pettit, Ph.D., VP of Clinical Ops & Outsourcing, AMAG Pharmaceuticals,
- Craig M. Sorensen, Ph.D., VP R&D Network Design & Technology Integration, Vertex
- Murali Gopalakrishnan, Ph.D., Director of Global External Research, Abbott Laboratories
12:00: Networking Luncheon Buffet in Exhibit Halls
1:15: Keynote Presentation: Job Creation in This Economic Climate
- Timothy Murray, Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts (confirmed)
1:30: The Evolving VC World & Their Growing Relationships with External Resources
Moderator & Panelists
- Daniel Behr, MBA, Founder, Access BridgeGap Ventures Access Industries, Inc.
- Kevin Bitterman, Principal, Polaris Ventures
- Bernat Olle, Ph.D., Principal, PureTech Ventures
- Douglas E. Onsi, Managing Director, HealthCare Ventures
- Chris Velis, Principal, Medcap Advisors
2:15: CRO CMO Innovation Showcase
- Marc Bazin, CEO and Co-Founder, HepatoChem
- Deborah J. Moshinsky, Ph.D., President and CSO, Cell Assay Innovations, LLC
- Joel Berniac, Ph.D., MBA, President, CEO/Co-Founder, Akrivis Technologies, LLC
3:00 Partnerships and Funding Alternative Resources
Moderator & Panelists:
- Doug Banks, Associate VP for Economic Development, University of Massachusetts - Moderator
- Betsy M. Ohlsson-Wilhelm, Ph.D., CEO, SciGro, Inc.
- Martha Farmer, Ph.D., President & CEO, North Shore InnoVentures
- Richard D. Gill, Ph.D., President & CEO, TruTouch Technologies, LaunchPad Venture Group
- Pamela Norton, VP, Industry and Program Relations, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
3:45: Closing Remarks
- Scott Gillis, CEO, Onsite Therapeutics, Inc. and Board Member, MassBio
4:00: Program Adjourns. Networking Reception Begins.
ORGANIZATION STEERING COMMITTEE
Blue Sky BioServices
Blue Stream Laboratories
Microtest Laboratories, Inc.
TGA Sciences, Inc.
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE SPONSORS THAT ARE MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE:
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR OTHER MA CRO CMO EXHIBITORS THAT ARE MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE
Associates of Cape Cod, Inc.
Cell Assay Innovations
Court Square Group
eClinical Solutions, a Division of Eliassen Group
Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Luria Scientific Industries
Neuroscience Discovery Core
Safety Partners, Inc.