BioBasics: Biotech for the Non-Scientist, December 2012
Thursday, December 13 – Friday, December 14 2012
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location: MassBio, 300 Technology Square, 8th Floor, Cambridge, MA
Are you a non-scientist working in or with the biotech industry?
Do you need to better understand the science & technology driving the industry?
Become more instrumental in your company's success by understanding the science and technology driving the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Be more strategic in your relationship-building by knowing who the industry players are and how they interact. Learn from credentialed instructors that have the skill and expertise to teach individuals with a wide variety of non-science backgrounds in an engaging environment.
Class Topics Include:
Who Will Benefit:
- Professional from all sectors of the biotech, pharma, and life sciences industries, including: sales, marketing, HR, legal, manufacturing, business development, finance, management, government relations, IT, safety, tech transfer
- Policy makers, lobbyists, attorneys
- Venture capitalists, angel investors, banks, analysts, financial managers
- Insurance brokers, real estate professionals
- Consultants, public relations specialists, journalists
- University administrators, research institute support staff
A reference manual containing all of the slides used in the presentation & a glossary of biotech terms will be given to each participant. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. In addition, participants will be given access for 60 days to BioPrinciples Online , an 8 hour, highly interactive online course on the basics of biotech. This online course costs $595 if purchased alone.
Contact Julie Deschenes for more information.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, 300 Technology Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
$1160 for MassBio Members; $1310 for non-members.