Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation Day 2013: Business as Usual or Brave New World?
Wednesday, June 5 2013
8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Location: Harvard Club of Boston, 374 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA
Business as Usual or Brave New World?
The 6th Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation (MALSI) Day is the biggest day for life sciences startups and innovation in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This is a high-energy, hands-on event which brings together scientific leaders and business experts to mingle with scientists, post-docs, professors, entrepreneurs, innovators, and venture capitalists.
Business as Usual or Brave New World? Can we learn valuable lessons from life sciences start-up companies that have already been formed and funded? Or are life sciences entrepreneurs entering a "Brave New World" where their path to success is going to be completely different? Our speakers and panelists will consider the current status life sciences and what changes we should expect in the future. How will these changes impact basic research, technology commercialization, investment in new companies, and scientists' careers?
Panels and Discussion Sessions will include:
- Getting to First Base - our panel of CEOs will talk about how they raised new funding in the last 12 months
- 7 habits of extraordinary life sciences companies - what habits have made some start-ups successful in the past and will these traits still be relevant in the future
- What will the Academic-Industrial Complex look like in the next decade?
- Which business models will still be relevant in the next five years?
- You want to continue to have a career in science - but what will that be like in academia or in industry
- What will the founding teams of start-ups look like - experienced teams or student entrepreneurs
The conference will feature Keynotes, Panels, Innovators' Marketplace, Networking Reception with leading life sciences CEO's , and our "Brave New World" Poster Competition - great prizes for 3 best posters!
Join us for the flagship event of life sciences in Massachusetts, jointly and actively put together by all the major organizations that are involved in starting and supporting the life sciences start-up ecosystem in the Commonwealth.
- $190 Academics/staff at MATTO member institutions and Members of MassBio (**Be sure to select this option!**)
- $235 Non-members
- $60 Students and post-docs (ID's will be required at the event)
- $550 - Innovators' Marketplace Exhibitor* (includes two attendees). Please register on-line the first Exhibitor and send the transaction number and the name and email address of the second Exhibitor to email@example.com
- $75 Reception only - includes poster competition, CEO Reception and Innovators' Marketplace (5-7 pm only)
*Service providers will only be allocated space in the exhibit hall if they sponsor the conference - for a listing of sponsorship opportunities please visit our Sponsorship page.
Online Registration is open
No registration refunds will be made after May 28, 2013