Partners HealthCare's 2013 Connected Health Symposium
Thursday, October 24 – Friday, October 25 2013
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
This event was posted by Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
Location: Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center, Boston, MA
Partners HealthCare’s Connected Health Symposium 2013
Collaborations andInnovations to Engage Patients and Elevate Care
Oct. 24-25, 2013, Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center, Boston MA
Working with industry visionaries and like-minded allies around the world, Partners’ Center for Connected Health is moving healthcare beyond the hospital and clinic and into the day-to-day lives of patients. From mobile devices and social media to sensors and home robots, the Center puts technology to the test, seeking new ways to help people take care of themselves and their loved ones.
Where health and technology intersect, the Connected Health Symposium is a global destination event, a high-profile gathering of the most interesting thinkers on the planet.
This year’s Symposium, our 10th annual, is a milestone event featuring:
- An exciting new venue — Boston’s fabulous Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center
- A timely new theme — Collaborations and Innovations to Engage Patients and Elevate Care.
- An accomplished, cross disciplinary co-chair roster:
- Dennis Ausiello, MD, MGH Chairman of Medicine, Emeritus, and HMS Jackson Distinguished Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Lawrence Cohn, MD, PHS Physician Director of Medical Device Technology
- Laurie Lauzon Clabo, PhD, RN, MGH IHP Dean of Nursing
- Marilyn Daly, MPH, Neighborhood Health Plan Chief Information Officer
- Judy Flynn, RN, MBA, Partners HealthCare at Home VP Patient Care Quality and Compliance Officer
- John Herman, MD, MGH Associate Chief of Psychiatry
- Joseph Kvedar, MD, PHS Director Center for Connected Health
- Scott MacLean, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, PHS Deputy CIO and Director of IS Operations
- James Noga, PHS VP & CIO
- Frances Toneguzzo, PhD, Executive Director, PHS Research Ventures & Licensing
- Continuing education credits for physicians and nurses
- Certificate of Attendance for all attendees
- Selected “flipped classroom” sessions enabling deeper learning and greater interaction.
Successful features from prior years — TED-style keynotes, book signings, debates, interviews, probing panels, innovative product demos and plentiful networking opportunities — will be retained.
What’s up for discussion? Among the Symposium’s dozens of sessions:
- The role of connected health in a successful ACO.
- The rising tide of consumer connected health. When will it go beyond the quantified selfers and the fitness buffs?
- Automated care. Has the time come to extend our providers with robots and software agents?
- The intersection of genetics and connected health. How will phenotypic mapping and genotypic mapping interplay?
- Does the true value of connected health lie in big data?
- Strategies on how to integrate home-derived patient data into the EMR environment.
- Analytics, Predictive Modeling: How will they incorporate connected health data?
- Collecting data about you from your mobile phone and using it to improve your health — value and privacy concerns
- FDA clinical decision support rule and its implications on connected health
- How does patient derived data figure into the Health Information Exchange?
What can you expect?
Hear highly-polished keynotes delivered in a compact 20 minutes plus pointed debates on the toughest questions in healthcare, probing interviews with news-makers, and rapid-fire demos of new technologies. Enjoy full access to the exhibit hall, all scheduled networking events, and the various meals noted on the online agenda. Take the opportunity to register at discounted rates for the various pre- and post-Symposium workshops and other activities.
Symposium 2013 will showcase the latest global developments and innovations in healthcare and policy. Join a capacity crowd of 1,500 health plan leaders, hospital executives, community-based practitioners, large employers, government policymakers, investors, academics, patients and caregivers.
Come join us! Registration is open, exhibit opportunities await & keynotes will be announced at www.connected-health.org.