UMass Boston Green Careers Forum
Wednesday, April 17 2013
3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Location: Campus Center, Ballroom C
The green economy is growing at an unprecedented rate:
- Green jobs in the U.S. grew 260% between 2008 and 2011
- In Massachusetts, clean energy/sustainability jobs grew ten times faster (at 1.2%) than other employment between 2011 and 2012.
- Massachusetts has a strong clean tech/sustainability sector with thousands of businesses, NGOs, and governmental agencies and a wide variety of jobs.
This event, sponsored by the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness, will showcase the broad range of career opportunities related to sustainability, the environment and clean energy, from accounting and finance to IT and marketing, from economics and policy to science and engineering. It will provide opportunities to interact with companies and organizations active in the green economy.
The event features a panel discussion with accomplished alumni:
- Whitney Dailey, Insights Associate at Cone Communications
- Laurie Coyle, Account Manager at EnerNOC
- Dr. Stephen Embso-Mattingly, NewFields Environmental Forensics
- Mikhail Glazomitsky, Munro Distributing Clean Energy & Electrical Solutions
- Moderator: Kevin Doyle, New England Clean Energy Council
The panel will be followed by roundtables in which students can discuss with organizational representatives what types of green jobs exist, the skills needed, and how to prepare themselves.
Confirmed organizations participating in the event:
- Cone Communications
- Conservation Law Foundation
- EBI Consulting
- Fraunhofer Center
- Sustainability Roundtable
- New England Clean Energy Council
- New Fields Environmental Forensics
- Partners Health
- Trillium Assets Management
- Munro Distributing