The 2nd Annual Kantoff‐Sang Lecture - Regulatory Science: Perspectives
Thursday, May 2 2013
4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Location: Harvard Medical School, Armenise Amphitheatre – 1st Floor, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Regulatory science will shape the future of new drug, device, and diagnostic discovery.
Through brief talks and a panel discussion, key leaders from the FDA, industry, and Harvard will address critical issues in regulatory science. The conversation will include the need for collaboration among academic, industry, and government to refine and to implement this emerging discipline that the FDA defines as, “the science of developing new tools, standards, and approaches to assess the safety, efficacy, quality, and performance of FDA‐regulated products.”
- Elliott Antman, MD, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Joshua Boger, PhD, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- William Chin, MD, Harvard Medical School
- Daniel Carpenter, PhD, Harvard University
- Elazer Edelman, MD, PhD, Massachusetts Institute for Technology
- Scott Gottlieb, MD, American Enterprise Institute
- Michael Rosenblatt, MD, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Janet Woodcock, MD, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Members of the academic and pharmaceutical industries are welcome to attend.
This event honors Dr. Phillip Kantoff, MD, through the generous gifts made in memory of Heng‐Kang Sang, PhD.