Charting a Course from Series A to Successful Exit
Thursday, May 23 2013
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
This event was posted by Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton, P.C.
Location: Cambridge Innovation Center - Havana Room 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA
The journey from company formation and a Series A round to subsequent rounds and eventual exit is fraught with uncertainty and success depends upon many factors and a lot of luck. As experienced entrepreneurs and investors will say, there is no detailed plan to achieving a 10x multiple. This program will share how four entrepreneurs achieved their goal or are currently in the process of doing so.
Please join us for a review of Q1 2013 Series “A” deals and a lively discussion from our impressive panel of entrepreneurs focusing on questions such as:
- How did your business plan change since inception?
- Looking back at the lifecycle of your company, what should you have done differently?
- In your view, does securing venture or angel funding have the same impact to a company today as it did when you formed your company?
- What value did your investors, advisors and board contribute to your success?
- Were there instances where the tension between management, investors and the board seemed insurmountable and if so, how did you overcome this?
- Regarding term sheets, what aspects required your personal attention and what was comfortably handled by your attorneys?
- What advice would you give entrepreneurs aspiring to be acquired?
- Were there multiple exit opportunities available to you and if so, how did you choose?
Come hear the panel’s thoughts on these and other issues pertinent to entrepreneurs and then network over a beer in the Venture Café at 5:30pm.
Kyle Alspach, Startups and VC Editor, The Boston Business Journal
Jere Doyle, Founder and CEO, Prospectiv Direct
Dr. Steven J. Gordon, CEO, Intelligent Bio-Systems, Inc.
Marina Hatsopoulos, Co-founder, Z Corporation
Marilyn Matz, CEO, Paradigm4
SPACE IS LIMITED! Register by May 16
Click here to learn more or to register for this event.
For questions, please contact Alyssa Ritchie at firstname.lastname@example.org.