Lithuania Day: Developing Collaborations in the EU - Perspectives on Pathways
Monday, September 16 2013
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: Catalyst, 300 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA
Lithuania Day at MassBio features a panel discussion on successful navigation of the life sciences landscape of Lithuania and, more generally, the European Union, a showcase of Baltic companies considering collaborations with Massachusetts organizations, and table-top networking.
The EU presents opportunities and challenges to U.S. companies interested in collaborative research, clinical trial operations, or business development activities. Organizations interested in exploring academic research collaborations, CRO collaborations, clinical trials, or business development in the EU and Lithuania should consider attending this event. Presenters will highlight funding opportunities for companies and note capacities in Lithuania to support the needs of U.S. organizations.
Lithuania has assumed the Presidency of the EU in 2013. This afternoon event will be followed at 5 PM by a celebratory networking reception, also at Catalyst.
Speakers (in development)
- Dr. Vladas Bumelis, Biotechpharma JsC, CEO and Chairman of the Board
- Dr. Daumantas Matulis, Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius University
- Arunas Karlonas, Director, Lithuania Agency for Science, Innovation, and Technology
- Kristine Bernard, Associate Director of Clinical Operations, AMAG
- Milda Dargizaite, Managing Director, Invest Lithuania
- 1:00 PM Registration at Catalyst
- 1:30 Welcome Remarks
- 1:45 Life Sciences in Lithuania
- 2:00 Technology Showcase
- 3:00 Panel: Finding an EU Foothold - pespectives of funding, regulatory, and clinical trial management from the EU, Lithuania and Massachusetts
- 4:00 Table Top Networking
- 5:00 Cocktail Reception!
View or download the full list of Lithuanian speakers and delegates here: Lithuanian Delegation
Prof. Vladas Algirdas Bumelis, MD, PhD www.biotechpharma.lt
Dr. Daumantas Matulis, Head of Biothermodynamis and Drug Design, Vilnius University www.ibit.lt/en
Prof. AndriusSveikata and Indre Tutlyte of Biomapas www.biomapas.eu