HBA Boston: Succeeding in Time of Change and Transitions
Wednesday, September 18 2013
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: AVEO Oncology, 650 East Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
The aspect of all our lives probably undergoing the most transition in current times is the workplace. Gone seemingly forever is the time when you started working for an organization, company, or business and had an excellent chance of working there for 30, 40, or more years if you so chose. Most people today will change jobs, companies, and even careers several times in their lifetime, with the typical young person starting out in a career or on a job likely to stay with that situation only two to five years. All transitions, whether they are positive or negative, can create stress for the individual undergoing them, but transitions have great potential in leading to positive personal development. “Succeeding in Time of Change and Transitions” is an interactive workshop, based on "The First 90 Days" by Michael Watkins that will provide participants with a tool kit of approaches and strategies to their unique challenge. "The First 90 Days" book will be provided to all participants.
1. Acknowledging and understanding the stress associated with change.
2. Develop personal strategies for successfully managing a new role, position, company or re-entry to the work place.
3. Identifying current strengths and needs as well as an action plan.
4. Explore and empower participants to identify and deal effectively with gender and cultural specific issues that may present challenges during a time of change and/or transition.
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM Breakfast and introduction
8:45 AM - 12:00 PM Program and Break-out sessions
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Program and Break-out sessions
Consultant, Inner Assets
Event is open to: HBA members only
Registration deadline: September 16, 2013
Onsite registration: Is allowed
$225 until 09/10/13
$250 after 09/10/13
Is there capacity: Yes
Space is limited.
Is this event refundable: Yes
If yes, must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 12, 2013; no refunds are available after this date.
- Program contact for event details: chapter contact email@example.com
- Membership questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-575-0606 ext 1
- Trouble with online registration: email@example.com or 973-575-0606 ext 3
650 East Kendall Street
Cambridge, MA 02139