The Innovator's Business Series The Role of the Public Sector in Promoting Innovation with Susan Windham-Bannister, PhD
Thursday, October 17 2013
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Bentley University, La Cava Center, Executive Dining Room 175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452
Bentley University’s Center for the Integration of Science and Industry, kicks off its fall lecture series, “The Innovator’s Business” with key-note speaker Susan Windham-Bannister, PhD, President and CEO of Massachusetts Life Sciences Center. Join us on October 17th to learn about the role of the public sector in promoting innovation.
Susan Windham-Bannister is the first President and CEO of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC), a state-funded investment organization charged with administering the 10-year $1-billion Life Sciences Initiative that was proposed by Governor Deval Patrick in 2007 and enacted by the Massachusetts Legislature in June 2008. The MLSC is the hub for all sectors of the Commonwealth’s life sciences community – biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, medical diagnostics and bioinformatics.
In addition to her work at MLSC, Susan has been instrumental in the successful launch of a number of well-known therapeutics, medical devices and novel biomarkers. During her 35 years of contributing to the life sciences she has:
- Co-founded Abt Bio-Pharma Solutions (ABS), a boutique consulting firm serving life sciences companies.
- Co-authored two books: Competitive Strategy for Health Care Organizations, and Medicaid and Other Experiments in State Health Policy
- Written numerous articles on competition in today’s health care marketplace
- PhD in health policy and management from the Florence Heller School at Brandeis University
- PhD of Science from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2012 (honoris causa)
Susan has also been awarded:
- Boston Globe’s “10 Most Influential Women in Biotech” in 2013
- State Science and Technology Institute’s national “Excellence in Technology-Based Economic Award” 2013 for the MLSC
- Harvard Club’s “12 Women to Watch in 2012”
- Boston Magazine’s “50 Most Powerful Women in Boston” 2011
6:30-7:00 Registration and Networking
7:00-8:00 Keynote speaker: Susan Windham-Bannister
8:00-9:00 Reception and ongoing discussion
For more information and to register, click here