Fundamentals of Bioprocessing for Engineers
Tuesday, March 25 – Friday, March 28 2014
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
This event was posted by Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Location: Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center at Worcester Polytechnic Institute
A broad understanding of biomanufacturing, including the overall process and how the equipment is used at each stage, is essential for troubleshooting the equipment’s role in faulty processing—and for helping to prevent problems in the first place. Due to the specialized nature of each unit operation however, many employees never develop this broader understanding.
WPI’s intensive, four-day Fundamentals of Bioprocessing for Engineers training provides this critical overview of the process, the function of each piece of equipment, and how that equipment is used within the process. Participants will engage in hands-on experiences that lend a deeper understanding of the interplay between the process and the mechanics of the equipment—all within a pilot-scale laboratory setting.
Benefits of this hands-on training
- More effective problem solving/troubleshooting
- Greater appreciation for the uniqueness of various equipment maintenance procedures
- More efficient and accurate communication with manufacturing staff
- Broader understanding of equipment and material requirements (especially relevant for sales reps)
- Overall greater efficiency for job functions that touch bioprocessing equipment or its processes