The Year of the Brain: Advances in Imaging, Diagnostics & Therapeutic Delivery
Tuesday, March 18 2014
3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Foley Hoag Law Offices, Seaport West, 155 Seaport Blvd, Boston
Our understanding of the brain – the most important and least well understood organ of the human body – is evolving rapidly, in large part due to the ongoing development of exciting neural imaging technologies. These advances have created the potential for revolutionary advances in objective or pre-symptomatic diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of neuropsychiatric conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, stroke, injuries, and brain cancers. But significant challenges remain to be overcome through translational research and improved technologies for treatment targeting and therapy delivery.
Join a distinguished panel of researchers and clinicians, moderated by David Pierson of Fole Hoag, LLP, for a discussion of the current state of neuroscience, promising biopharma and device industry initiatives, and future prospects for the treatment of neurological disorders:
- Dr. Bertha Madras, Professor of Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School,
- Xue Han, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Biomedical Emgineering, Joint Professor of Pharmacology and Experimental Theraeutics, Boston University
- John Gabrieli, Ph.D., Director, Athinoula A. Martinos Imaging Center at the McGovern Institute for Brain Research, MIT.
- Miles Cunningham, M.D., Ph.D., Neuropsychiatrist at Harvard Medical School, Laboratory Director at McLean Hospital, Co-founder and Medical Advisor, Atanse, Inc.
- Dr. Teo Dagi, Neurosurgeon, Neuroscientist and Venture Capitalist, gPartner, HLM Venture Partners, Visiting Professor, Harvard Medical School
MDG Members $99 Non-members $125
Reduced fee is available for Students. Inquire @ email@example.com