Veolia D.O.T/ RCRA Refresher Class - 8 TCH Wastewater Credits
Thursday, February 27 2014
9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Location: MassBio, 300 Technology Square, 8th Floor, Cambridge, MA
This seminar will include a 4 hour DOT refresher and a 4 hour RCRA refresher. This course will qualify for 8 TCH Wastewater credits.
This seminar complies with DOT training requirements stated in 49 CFR 172.704 and covers general awareness/familiarization training and safety training for all HazMat employees. This session also covers Hazardous Materials Security training. Please note that this course focuses on the requirements for carriage by public highway. It does not cover training required for air shipment of dangerous goods nor modal-specific training for carriage by rail or vessel.
- Introduction/General Awareness
- Hazardous Material Classification
- Shipping Paper Information
- Marking and Labeling
- Performance Oriented Packaging
- Hazardous Materials Security
- Loading and Unloading Hazardous Materials
- Hazard Awareness, Assessment and Prevention
- DOT Emergency Response
This seminar complies with EPA training requirements stated in 40 CFR 265.16 for all employees who manage Hazardous Waste.
- Introduction to RCRA
- Waste Identification & Classification
- Generator Requirements
- Transportation of Hazardous Waste
- Land Disposal Restrictions
- Disposal Site Technology