Boston Green Ribbon Commission Green Labs Symposium
Thursday, March 27 2014
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Location: Stubbins (Room 112), Gund Hall, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
The Boston Green Ribbon Commission is hosting a Green Labs Symposium on March 27, 2014, at Harvard University. This event is designed to bring together lab experts from the higher education, health care, and biotech sectors to explore shared challenges and solutions to making our labs more sustainable. This event is free to attend.
- A workshop and detailed case study presented by the Smart Labs team at UC Irvine, which has realized energy savings of 50% or more in existing and new laboratories. Featuring technical presentations from personnel in UC Irvine’s Facilities Management and Environmental Health & Safety organizations.
- Other best-in-class success stories, with a technical focus on energy efficiency, lab design, and HVAC strategies.
- Ample time for participants to discuss shared challenges and best practices.
- Opportunities to provide input on future events and other resources.
- Presentations from NSTAR and National Grid about optimizing the rebate process.
- Lunch and an evening networking reception.
Paul Lukitsch, Regional Facilities Manager at EMD Millipore, will be making a presentation entitled "Balancing the Demands of Facility Cost, Redundancy, and Energy Efficiency—When Designing and Constructing a LEED Gold Medical Device Cleanroom Facility."